"Guess who I saw last week?"

On the 18th of June I wrote about Degrees of Separation, how I had bumped in to people I knew at random places around the world. Well, this week, traveling back from Australia, I looked up to see Shelly & baby Emily in the Brisbane Airport! That was about a week after I saw Greg Norman and Chris Evert jogging up the beach on Lizard Island in North Queensland. Small world.

After traveling with a friend for a couple of weeks, snorkeling and looking at critters in the rainforest, it was pleasant surprise to see friends from Auckland, from the faith community with which I worship weekly! And Emily was happy to see Aunty Jill. She smiled at me and seemed to be listening as I told her I'd seen Nemo and Surfer Turtle and friends. She's only a few months old but intelligent and beautiful! Her mum had everything under control, but it was nice to be able to hold Emily while Shelly walked about on her own a time or two and to be able to help through the baggage & Customs side of re-entering NZ. Oh, yes, we were on the same flight!

By the way, Shelly's originally from Zimbabwe, so I sang Emily some Shona songs she's not likely to hear from many others. I'm MaiGuru to you, little one.

Comments