Degrees of Separation?

What are the odds of bumping in to an old friend in India? With ….million people, why did two from Indiana choose to be in the same lobby at the same time?

David teaches at the college where I got my Bachelor’s degree. He wasn’t there then. We first met at a summer camp when I was in high school. We have many mutual friends but none of them put two and two together to think we’d meet up; same day, same place. Photo of me & David at Taj Mahal, of course.
___
Finding myself at a remote beach with a seemingly random representation of Germans, Chinese, and Singaporean students, I learned about a new treasure hunting kinda sport called Geocaching. “Where’d you discover this?” I asked.
“From friends of ours, Greg & Helen Sosna,” Stefan answered.
“We’ve been in the same Bible study! I know them, but how did a Pole married to a Kiwi share geocaching adventures with Germans in New Zealand?” asked the bewildered American!
___
Coming back from Africa one time I flew through Amsterdam. As I boarded the plane I heard a woman say, “Honey, there’s Jill, Willard & Suzie’s granddaughter!” Sure enough! Old family friends on the same plane originating out of a major European hub.
___
“Oh, by the way, Larry Marshall says Hi!” said the young woman I’d just met at an event in Auckland, New Zealand.
“How do you know Larry?” I responded with surprise.
“He was my youth minister when I was a teenager.”
Well of course he was, but how did she make the connection to me?
___
“Hey, I met someone the other day who knew you,” she said.
Yes, that’s entirely possible,” I replied, “but did they like me?”

Comments

CHERYL said…
The odds are in your favor rather than mine, dear friend!