Never know who you know.

I worshiped this AM in a Florida city I've only been to once before and that was to visit Thomas Edison's winter home with my dad years ago.

I walked in to a lovely auditorium just after the service started. I found a vacant pew and in a central location so I could participate fully. There were seats in the back, but I've never understood why people want front row at ballgames & concerts but vie for the back seats in church.

Anyway, I settled in, appreciated the music and atmosphere, though my mind did wander back to the book Jim & Casper Go To Church and the question Casper asked after a few visits to churches, "Did Jesus tell you to do this?" referring to fog machines, Powerpoint and the paraphenalia of megachurch worship services.

The funny thing that happened this morning was that after the service, two individuals I did not know greeted me, welcomed me and created the opportunity for me to ask any questions. I appreciated that as that is the role I usually play at Shore Community Christian Church in Auckland, New Zealand. Debbie & Dan were super, friendly, but not threatening.

But then, six people I know, but did not know were in the area, greeted me. They did not all know each other. Amazing. Just goes to show that you gotta be yourself wherever you go cause you just might run in to someone you know!

I've been traveling, so you might have noticed the randomness of my recent posts. Know that I'll do my best to keep up, my end of the conversation. Would sure appreciate some comments from you, some of the lurkers out there. Commenting on Facebook is ok, but commenting directly on ConversationsAtIntersections blog will facilitate the conversation best as other readers can have total access. Thanks much.

Comments