Julie & Julia, and a defenseless duck

I recently saw Julie & Julia with my friend Cheryl and her three girls. The film included cooking, blogging and real life; all things Cheryl does well. We were inspired to come home and try some recipes, but . . . well, I was full of popcorn and had plied the girls with enough candy to see them through the night. Cheryl and I looked for Julia's cookbook at a couple fo thrift or secondhand stores yesterday. The manager of A Reader's Corner Bookstore said she couldn't keep one in for long before the movie came out. More so now. I appreciated some of the beauty of what I saw in the film and think Meryl Streep is versatile and amazing, but I don't think I have time to debone a duck right now.



Watch CBS Videos Online

Comments

Rachael said…
I'm definitely planning on seeing this movie - I read the original blog! Starting from part way through, I must admit, but it's still on-line if you want to read it - just google julie julia project.
Got the book when it came out too, didn't enjoy it as much as the blog, but the movie looks great! Going to see 'Young Victoria' tonight - another strong woman, but from a different era.