Blogging about conversations on a journey?

When asked recently what I blog about, my reply gave a curious half-baked impression.
"So it's like an online diary?"

Ugh! That's the last thing I'd want to subject you to. Though I know you come and go freely, visiting and reading this blog, Conversations@Intersections as you will. That's part of the beauty. You can drop in, bookmark or schedule it, subscribe to it or ignore it, and it's all as free as Internet access in your part of the world.

I try to post a variety of things as my mind and body wanders and explores. I'm happy for the comments, contributions and questions. That's what makes for interesting conversations. Jemma and Tash are traveling, as am I, right now, but we still share common ground each day here, as we do with all if you who read from your home or office computer or phone. And to think we used to wait weeks for letters and had phones that hung on walls!

Anyway, I digress. I was at a loss as to how to describe this blog. Looking at the tag cloud far below and to the left of daily posts, you could summarise Conversations@Intersections as a blog about travel, relations and conversations. You could break it down further and say what those conversations are about; books, justice, humour art, journey, and God. Jesus shows up, but as this blog has not been baptised, we can't say it is Christian.

Life is interesting and rich for the variety of things we can explore. Let's not box anything or anyone in by way of limiting or containing them. Let's continue to explore, have conversations, drink tea and eat tapas, enriching and being enriched.

An online diary! Pfuwwy. I say not!

Comments