Nearly a turn-by-turn replay . . .

This week I have flown from Florida to Indiana by way of Atlanta, Georgia.

Airports are fascinating places with masses of people to watch, and then to consider that they all get stuffed into long flying cans and have to turn off their cell phones for hours at a time. And they thought it inhumane when smoking on aircraft was first banned!

I was then driven to Anderson by a friend I've known since high school and played softball with in the intervening years. Our conversation was fascinating, but largely unrepeatable.

I then drove north to Converse, Indiana where a cabin had been prepared for me for the night complete with Kiwi bird pictures taped on various fixtures.

I made the rounds of the camp the next day, catching up with friends old and new, encouraging and being encouraged. This camp is near and dear to my heart, featuring heavily as it did in many Summers in my younger years. Each return is like a homecoming for me, yet it is ever changing and developing with the current needs of each generation.

I then drove south, collected a young passenger and continued south to Kentucky, making a few wrong turns, but nothing so bad that a few more turns didn't get us to our destination without backtracking. As I once heard someone say, "We may be lost, but we're making good time!"

So, if you've read any posts here about packing and traveling and suitcases and related topics, you now see the relevance of all of that in my life. I have seasons like this, where I wake up in a new room each morning and wonder how we ever got along without cellphones and am grateful for a safe car and iPods to make the journey more interesting.

Tomorrow I head for Indiana again with a deter to meet up with friends who live in Thailand but are briefly in the US. The best photo I may have taken in Thailand during my visit there last year is shown here. Seriously. It is in a park near their home in Chiang Mai.

Comments