Living out of a Suitcase

I've been traveling for a few weeks now. I organise my things well, but invariably have to dig through my carefully arranged stacks to find something. There really is an art to living out of a suitcase and while I'm pretty good at it, I tire of it after a few weeks.

Funny how we can be.
Restlessness sets in when we tire of the same old scenery.
We can long for a roadtrip or a flight to just about anywhere.
We talk about a change of scenery doing us good.
Itchy feet is even the name of a travel website.

Packing for a road trip is altogether different from packing for air travel.
I bought family sized bottles of shampoo & conditioner today as they were on sale, but I'll decant them into smaller bottles for my trip this weekend.

I'm careful about books, taking only the necessary ones or cheap versions I can leave behind when I've read them.

Luxuries I often take with me include collapsible vinyl vase for fresh flowers in my room. A short glass found in many hotel rooms works too, but short stems are not as much of a presence in a sterile room. Another luxury weight wise is a candle, usually a travel candle in a tin with a lid.

According to TSA regulations: One book of safety (non-strike anywhere) matches are permitted as carry-on items, but all matches are prohibited in checked baggage.

Comments