Worldview: Affected by Physical Context?

If you were to compare my blog posts written in New Zealand, Australia, India, USA or Thailand, I wonder if you could discern any perceptible difference in my worldview?

Does location make much difference in my writing?
In my vocabulary or choice of topics?
I'd say the conversations I have in a day, the people I'm around, would influence my thinking, and therefore, my writing.

I tried to get in on the wrong side of the car today.
I've been with people who have lived in enough countries that we don't notice an exotic blend of vocabulary. There is no normal amongst us, in more ways than one.

I even had an argument this evening in two languages with a teenager who grew up in Central America. Neither of us cared about the argument or outcome; we were just having fun. He spoke Spanish and I spoke chiShona. It made no difference really as opponents rarely listen to each other in arguments anyway.

Comments

jane said…
An ad for Lexus is running on TV in Auckland. The car is a left-hand drive and it's being driven on the right-hand side of the road. Definitely the wrong side. For NZ, anyways.