Preparing for a 3 month journey

I'm packing for three month journey. Suitcase is out. Piles near it are growing. TO DO lists are working.

Do I think of it as an absence or as a trip? I seem to be switching gears between thinking of what I'll need as I go and what I need to set in place for while I'm gone.

What about the plants? Gotta call what's-her-name! Are all library books returned? Is the car okay to sit idle?

The banking accounts? Yes, I can do things online, but it's good to have it all sorted as I'll have little routine on the road.

Do I have the computer backed up and all info at hand? Print out those flight numbers and phone numbers. Registered for the conference over there? Yep. What of the one here in November? Sorted.

What am I taking for gifts? Tea is good for some. Chocolate biscuits for others. Keychains, t-shirts, hats . . . .

Go with two bags? But I only need one. Will need another for the trip back as I'll do some shopping. Do I have to pay for bags? On the internal US flights, yes. Thus the cheaper fares. Take snacks for the flights otherwise the next story will be Hungry Over America.
Packing checklist

Comments

Ashleigh Nicole said…
ooooh chocolate biscuits!!!!! could you bring me a NZ flag please? a medium sized one? I'll pay you back promise! love ya


oh and bring an extra bag.. i plan to hide in it when you return!