Thirty-three was a pivotal age for Jesus and for me.

He died at that age, never reaching the milestone where his friends could celebrate his Big 40. When I was 33 my mum died.

Thirty-three. Pivotal. Everything changed. Jesus marked a new beginning. I gained a new perspective.

I am older than Jesus reached here on earth. I’m a woman. I’ve not much experience with wood. Don’t know that he painted anything. Points of difference.

We both know what it is to be single, to work and walk a lot. He liked fish and fishing, time in the mountains and on his own. He was a good friend and had good friends. He was sarcastic at times and has a sense of humour. We have a lot in common, Jesus and me. Maybe not enough, but a lot.

“Have the same attitude as that of Christ Jesus . . .” Philippians 2:5a

Comments