Geocaching: New Zealand

I have found 400 geocaches, mostly in New Zealand, since starting as a cacher a year and a half ago.

I cache with friends and enjoy the caching events. Geocaching gets me out for walks in areas I wouldn't otherwise visit. That was definitely true on a trip to Thailand and India last year! Caching in NZ is much calmer with less apprehension of what you might find. Thanks though to my hosts there who went out of their way to find caches with me! An Earthcache in India was a highlight. I'll add an Australian Earthcache to my NZ collection later this year. Learning about the world in which we live is a wonderful byproduct of caching.

I plan to be in the US later this year and will want to cache in each state and community as I go.
Hope my friends and hosts are ready for an adventure!

Most of my adventures have been shared by Seattle's Best, kayaknkiwi & Bookworm Mum, all pictured in these photos. I've also cached with Glyn(the only one), Kiwi Gary, Beauty & The Beast, Two Hopefuls, Rumo & Rala and others. Jaime, Cheryl & Ashleigh joined in with varying degrees of enthusiasm, but all contributed to my present count.

Caching as an individual is not as much fun as caching with friends. The community of cachers and the team spirit when searching for a hard one, uphill in the rain and at night and . . . sounds a bit crazy, but it gets our heart rate up and we rarely have anything to repent of.


Anyway, it's just this thing I do and I enjoy it cause I never wanna get too old for an adventure. Caching makes an adventure out of a walk in the park.

An EarthCache site is a special place that people can visit to learn about a unique geoscience feature or aspect of our Earth. Visitors to EarthCache sites can see how our planet has been shaped by geological processes, how we manage the resources and how scientists gather evidence to learn about the Earth.

Comments

Sonia said…
Well what can I say.. the laughter, adventures, memories we have, the places we have been and the falls that have happened along the way. I remember when you first introduced me to Geocaching, Sept 08, trying to explain it all to me I was like show me. Then came my first find....Wow!! I knew then I was hooked and off I went to buy my GPS (of course this happened while you where overseas) so I was having my learner plates on during that time, but I have to say the Learner plates came off pretty quickly! (i had to add that one in). So on that note I must say thank you for introducing me to geocaching and I look forward to the adventures to come!! Also lovely pics.