Personalise your Postage Stamps

Did you know you can get US postage stamps made with your own photo or design on them?

I remember the days of going to the post office and looking through the stamps, choosing the colourful or pretty ones and nearly covering the front of my envelopes to make up the right amount. Then came those horrible metered strips the little printers spat out.

Now, just like with our coffees or ring tones, we can personalise US postage stamps at zazzle.com. Not sure if there are international versions. I won't tell you how many times I've had people bring US stamps overseas to post their postcards or letters back home. Or about the people who sent me stamps to help defray costs of newsletters or correspondence. Ahem. Talk about ethnocentric economics.

I have beautiful and amazing stamps from all over the world. That's what happens when your friends scatter! I'm not a collector a such. I don't put them in a book or preserve them properly. Mostly they go in a small drawer of a wooden box on my dressing table. Then when someone asks for international stamps, I pull them out and make someone very happy! Off they go to look up those countries ad figure out where they all are!

Check here for links to stamp collecting or go to the Beginner's Guide to Stamp Collecting

Comments

Tash McGill said…
You can do this here in NZ too. My stepsister did this as a gift for my mum - with photos of the 3 McGill girls!
Jill said…
Both Tash & Greg have updated me with the info that postage stamps can be personlised in NZ too. Go to http://stamps.nzpost.co.nz/Cultures/en-NZ/Stamps/PersonalisedStamps2/

Thanks for the local info! Any other links around the world?