Parachute Music Festival

I'm at the Parachute Music Festival this weekend just south of Hamilton, New Zealand; me and 25,000 - 30,000 of my closest friends!

It'll be hot, or muddy. It'll be crowded, but friendly. Food will be expensive and not of the quality I'd prefer, but hey . . . it's Parachute and that's how it is one weekend out of the year. Most of the young people will be staying in a tent city. I'm in a motel in town complete with showers and sheets!


Some people come for the sports, others for the new bands. I like the acoustic stage.

There are seminars and politicians and justice forums. Money is collected to meet needs in Rwanda. Specific items are collected for Women's Refuge. Organisations and missions are available for conversations. A few huge tents sell merchandise: books, music and promo items. Everyone has a wristband on and ought to have sunscreen on!

It's one of the exciting times in NZ where being a Jesus freak is normal, but as I look through more and more of those photos, I don't think anyone goes to Parachute to be normal. I hear normal's just a setting on the dryer anyway.

Comments

Hannah JV said…
Hi ya, my name is Hannah JV and I'm the editor of express magazine. We're running a story on Parachute this week and need a few crowd shots - I found your blogger and these are great! Do you mind if we use these three? And if so, could we get hi-res images off you? My email address is editor@expresstoday.co.nz.