Gardens @The Gallery

I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the Auckland Art Gallery today as it was FREE Monday!
One of my favourite exhibits was a tea cosy of a cottage with a garden all around it. You'll have to go to the gallery to see it cause I can't find a photo of it.

I enjoyed the paintings and etchings and installations. I love gardens and gardening and art, so it was an exhibit bound to please me. I haven't been in to the gallery since last year as my trip to India and then my surgery derailed my normal day-off routine.

Ended up with a friend at the Mezze Bar for tapas. I got the lentil & tomato soup and she got lamb skewers.

SOUP Turkish lentil & tomato soup drizzled with lemon juice & paprika oil,
served with hot Turkish pide bread

Lamb Tapa grilled lamb on skewers with hummus, tahini & spicy Moroccan harrissa

Hadn't been there since Cheryl was here in August!

Oh, and there's a geocache just round the corner from the museum, but I've already found that one.

Comments