Two Minutes of Grace: Tracey Barnett in NZ Herald

Read the rest of Tracey's article from the NZ Herald on the 17th. It's worth it. I've included the best written bits. Tracey couches her perspective in religious terms, but there' nothing churchy about her topic. That's one of the things that I liked about the article I suppose. Religion really has little to do with "church", but more to do with habits and perspective.

"Like most of the errantly faithful, I'm a better hypocrite than practitioner. That's not how I live my life. I run around. Or, I sit down in front of a small screen and my brain runs around. Then, I finish my day by pushing stuff around. Things go into the car; things go out of my head. I live mostly with my back turned to the small moments I'm supposed to worship.

For every one of us who will spend the next handful of weeks running around buying presents that will sit in the back of someone else's closet, . . . .

Or that maybe this will be the year we will notice that a great question is better than its answer."

Comments

Rachael said…
Loved both these posts this morning Jill - I'm chuckling but with a tearful lump in my throat - not as intense as laughing until I pee though!
I've read somewhere that the practice of mindfulness has a hugely beneficial impact on people's physical, emotional and mental health - it's certainly something I could practice more...