In Singapore, again

People are sure nice and polite here. It's not that Indians are not, it's just that there are so many of them jostling for every inch of space that some expressions of polite might seem a bit of a luxury.

Luxury: fresh air, space, choices, no dust, being alone . . .

I had many conversations . . . and was often frustrated at not being able to converse.
I was at many intersections . . . and was a bit daunted at the idea of crossing through them.

I hope I'll remember to tell you about the leathery old woman I saw between the lanes of traffic, and of the man I saw under a huge burden of fruit in the market.


I'm on my way to New Zealand, another place and another life. Some of those people retrace the same paths each day and might sometimes wonder if they are getting anywhere.

Reading Quiz Show by Vikas Swarup. Amazing now that I've been to India. Kinda like The Gods Must Be Crazy is even more insightful after living in Africa.

India beat Australia in cricket. Bombs are still going off for various reasons across India.
America has a new president and New Zealand a new Prime Minister. Much has changed since I left, possibly especially me.

Comments