Angry with God

Have you ever been angry with God?
Was it because He let you down?
Did He really, or did you expect something He never actually promised?

Maybe there was a huge injustice, some abuse or neglect in your life.
I'm afraid that is all too commonly the human condition.

Where do we draw the line between anger, disappointment, frustration or confusion?
Unfulfilled expectations lead to frustration which then leads to many other emotions.

Job spoke his anguish, his pain.
Jacob wrestled with God.
Jonah sulked under a tree and wished to die.

I don't mean to simplify or demean your experience.
Such things are best discussed, not blogged, so this post is not very helpful.

God can handle the honest expression of our feelings.
In the very process of speaking them, we may go the way of many of the Psalms and arrive at an understanding or accommodation of some sort.

Psalm 13 TNIV

1 How long, LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?

2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,

4 and my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.

5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.

6 I will sing the LORD's praise,
for he has been good to me.

Comments