Variety is good

This week has included meetings with social workers to network the volunteers and meet known and felt needs of our Kurdish friends.
It's also been orientation at the university. I got to speak to the int'l students about my role there.
"What the heck is a chaplain anyway?" I try to use humour whenever possible as I want to be known as accessible. It does not pay to take yourself too seriously. Humour across different cultures, is a tricky thing. Not everything translates in to German, Cantonese and French.
I've also been in contact with a lonely Chinese woman who has reached out for friendship.
Today I'm off to a networking opportunity with Africans who live in Aotearoa New Zealand.

While my first degree is in intercultural communication, I think the focus then was on one at a time. This is like alphabet soup. I'll report back as to how it goes today.

Comments