Friends. Food. Initiative.

I made my famous chili again last week and took it round to some friends I thought might enjoy it. I woulda taken some to Janelle but she and Michael are traveling in Europe right now. I am hoping it is MUCH warmer there than it is here in NZ and that they don't need chili to warm them from the inside out.

You probably don't know Janelle, or the friends I took the chili to.
They are all terrific people who have blessed my life: otherwise I probably wouldn't have been thinking of how I might bless them. I do wander what some of them thought when I showed up with my little containers. None of them were particularly sick or in need as such.

I guess it's just that we live in such a busy city with fast paced lives that I figured if we can't share a meal together I can at least share a meal with them.

Friends are too important to lost track of in the busyness of it all.
Someone has to initiate the getting together. Often it'll be the same person initiating all the time. Frustrating, but that's how it is.

God wired us all differently. I tend to find my friends who initiate least are most grateful when I do initiate. They aren't fussy about what we do or where we go, they just didn't have the emotional energy it takes to start something. They can be the most faithful of friends, just don't hold your breath awaiting their call.
I smell meat loaf aroma wafting through the house. We have a few friends who prefer Jane's Famous Recipe Meatloaf over a spicey tomato based chili. I think her secret recipe is love. One will go to Belmont and another to Birkdale. I think I'll do my part on the other one.

I'm thinking Chance's recipe looks good too.
Photo compliments of Annie's where you'll find a variety of recipes.

Comments