Tea: Special Events with Friends

Almost any occasion is an occasion for tea, but sometimes there are special occasions which call for dressing up and being quite posh.

I've had high tea or afternoon tea with missionary friends in Brisbane, Denver and other conference sites.

I've been to The Drake in Chicago more times than I can count, but that's cause I can't count very high. San Francisco does afternoon teas well, right in Union Square.

I'm planning to visit Sydney soon and will scout out the nice places.

In Cincinnati I recommend The Cincinnatian, though if someone could recommend local neighbourhood tea shops, I'd appreciate it.

In Denver, The Brown Palace of course.

In Indianapolis, The Canturbury Hotel will treat you right. Good memories there.
If you're traveling in the UK, try this directory for places enroute.

Suggestions? Always outshone by a cuppa in the home of a good friend, these special afternoons sit long in my memory.

Comments

Woven and Spun said…
I can show you a place in Sydney . . .
& I'm still talking to the fam about when you can show me a place in NZ!