Travel Planning & Currency Conversion Fees

I think, half the fun, and next to none of the cost, of travel is in the planning!
I love to plan a trip. I should plan more trips, even if I can't take them.

A short trip to the library yields a stack of travel guides. Maybe not the most up-to-date information, but a great place to start. Then another trip to your local bookstore with a cafe to make you linger . . . . they usually want you to look through books as you sip so you'll be tempted to think at least one of them indispensable and you'll buy it.

So far you've already been on at least two trips and it's cost you the price of petrol or bus fare and a cup of tea or coffee! See, this is fun!

One more trip I'd make, whether online or in person, is to check whether credit card purchases in various currencies get the best exchange rates. I've heard various rumours about hidden fees and disadvantageous exchange rates for certain types of transactions. Just know before you buy so you're not surprised when your statement catches up with you.

Some links that will fill you in The Money Blue Book, Gadling.com, and a handy currency conversion fees chart.

Comments