When I get where I'm going

By Brad Paisley
When I get where I'm going on the far side of the sky.
The first thing that I'm gonna do Is spread my wings and fly.

I'm gonna land beside a lion, and run my fingers through his mane.
Or I might find out what it's like To ride a drop of rain

(Chorus:)
Yeah when I get where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears.
I will shed the sins and struggles, I have carried all these years.
And I'll leave my heart wide open, I will love and have no fear.
Yeah when I get where I'm going, Don't cry for me down here.

I'm gonna walk with my grandaddy, and he'll match me step for step,
and I'll tell him how I missed him, every minute since he left.
Then I'll hug his neck.

(Chorus)

So much pain and so much darkness, in this world we stumble through.
All these questions, I can't answer, so much work to do.

But when I get where I'm going, and I see my Maker's face.
I'll stand forever in the light, of His amazing grace.
Yeah when I get where I'm going,
Oh, when I get where I'm going, there'll be only happy tears.
Hallelujah!
I will love and have no fear.
When I get where I'm going.
Yeah when I get where I'm going.

Comments

Schiplady said…
For all of his silly songs, this is one of his best.............