Scott Dixon 6th in Indy500! 2009

Scott Dixon has consistently been in the top ten of nearly every Indy 500 race he has finished. Accidents kept him out of the top finalists twice. An amazing racing career for a well grounded Kiwi fella. See interesting facts about Scott Dixon below. He's kept his NZ roots even while living in Indiana, USA.
  • Age I first knew I wanted to be a race car driver: 5 years old
  • If I weren't a race car driver I'd be... an athlete, maybe a triathlon runner.
  • Give me a day off and I'd be... On the beach
  • Favorite vacation spots: New Zealand and Turks& Caicos
  • First job: Sign writer/ decaler
  • Worst job: Mechanic for street cars in New Zealand
  • Most embarrassing moment of 2007: Running out of fuel on the final corner of the final lap of the final race of the season to finish runner-up the championship.
  • Most embarrassing moment in racing: Crashing in a race when I was 13 and when I got out of the car everyone could see that I had a cushion tied to my bum so I could see over the steering wheel and reach the pedals.
  • Secret obsession: Chocolate
  • Can't stand... Airport security line, slow people in fast lane, people who talk too much about themselves
  • Really enjoys... a nice night out with Emma.
  • Guilty pleasure: Buying watches and Lemon Drop shots
  • I'd be lost without my... mobile phone
  • First car ever owned: 1982 Honda Prelude
  • My street car: Acura MDX
  • Personal motto: "Fly under the radar."
  • Nicknames: Iceman, Dixie
  • Favorite sport to watch: Racing, Track & Field, Rugby
  • You're on Death Row, down to your last meal, what is it? Big Ben Mince and Cheese Pie
  • I'd really like to meet...Why? Matt Damon. He's a cool actor and done some cool movies
  • Favorite book: "Crossing the Line" Marc Ellis Autobiography (NZ Rugby player)
  • Favorite TV show: "Entourage", "LOST" and "Flight of the Concords"
  • Did you know ...? The son of two dirt-track racers, Scott Dixon climbed behind the wheel of a car for the first time when he was 13 and won the championship in the New Zealand Formula Vee after being granted a special license to compete.
  • Did you know ...? Scott Dixon was born in Australia but is a citizen of New Zealand.
  • Did you know...? Scott Dixon trains and occasionally competes in triathlons.

Comments