Impressive Destinations: Family

My dad has commented a time or two that I am hard to impress.
Is that only one of the reasons why I am still single?

Anyway, he was trying to think of where to take me in near his home in Florida, a destination for us to enjoy together when I visited him.

He has taken me to Bok Tower Gardens, Thomas Edison's home, Marie Selby Gardens, Moat Marine Aquarium and so many other beautiful places. Of course we have done Disney World and Busch Gardens. We've camped and walked in State and National Parks, followed roads to see where they go and have walked or sat on amazing beaches as God painted the sunset. All of these are wonders, beauty we can be in and absorb.

The cause for my dad's concern is that I have had the pleasure of snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef, white water rafting from just below Victoria Falls, getting caught in a blizzard near The Grand Canyon, appreciating the engineering and beauty of The Taj Mahal, tasting the dust of the great plains of Kenya, going to sleep hearing the hippos in the river of the Lilongwe Valley, Malawi, walking the rough paved streets of Jerusalem, tramping the mountains of New Zealand, sitting in the shadow of the Golden Gate Bridge and enjoying the views from The Empire State Building. I've followed the amazing Blue Morpho butterflies of Costa Rica, been in London for The Trooping of the Colour to celebrate the Queen's birthday and been in Dublin on St Patrick's Day.

Yep, I'm hard to impress.

What my dad failed to consider in his thinking though is that the biggest draw for me to Florida is him.

Comments