Cream Tea or Devonshire Cream Tea

I love to go to Puhoi, to the little farm house with the chickens and critters running around . . .. you pass the pub to get there, but don't slow down! The pub's got nothing on this little piece of tranquil history. You can get Devonshire Cream Tea! Puhoi Cottage

Now being a Hoosier who only learned to drink hot tea when I moved to Zimbabwe, I don't know what Devonshire has to do with drinking tea in New Zealand. I know I like the fresh scones, the cream and the jam. I know you put the jam on first cause it doesn't grab on to the cream very well if you try to spread it on last. Some can do it, But I go: scone, jam, cream, eat!

In Britain's Best at Tea Time, the writer suggests scone, cream then jam. I'm not going to argue about something so delicious! She's the NY Times writer telling you about places in Devon and Cornwall where you can get scrummy teas and fill your arteries with things that'll kill ya!

You can always come to NZ and I'll take you to Puhoi.

Wikipedia has something on the cream tea, it's history and components. Wikipedia seems to know a bit about a lot of things.

Comments