Quotes: Justice, walking, friends, hope, ideas+

Justice is what love looks like in public.
– Eddie Glaude

If you want to identify me ask me not where I live, or what I like to eat, or how I comb my hair, but ask me what I am living for, in detail, and ask me what I think is keeping me from living fully for the things I want to live for. Between those two answers you can determine the identity of any person.
– Thomas Merton's The Man in the Sycamore Tree

Knowledge is like fire; you get it from your neighbour.
– Shona Proverb

It is the great ideas that inform the mind, fire the imagination, move the heart, shape a culture. History is little more than the recording of the rise and fall of the great ideas - the worldviews - that form our values and move us to act.
– Chuck Colson

Travelers, there is no path, paths are made by walking.
– Antonio Machado

" . . .For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks."
– Matthew 12:34

Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
–George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans)

"The Stuff of earth competes for the allegiance I owe only to the Giver of all good things." - –Rich Mullins

Many stars cannot be concealed by a small cloud.
– Maori Proverb

"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
– Jesus, John 10:10

Comments