Perspectives of different people, and over time

28 years ago I studied this passage.... then revisited it in a big way 17 years ago.... living in it is different from studying it.

Paul, a Jewish Roman citizen who could argue w/the best of the philosophers & snake handlers, said, "Even though I am free of the demands and expectations of everyone, I have voluntarily become a servant to any and all in order to [converse with] a wide range of people: religious, nonreligious, meticulous moralists, loose-living immoralists, the defeated, the demoralized-whoever. I didn't take on their way of life. I kept my bearings in Christ-but I entered their world, tried to experience things from their point of view. I've become just about every sort of servant there is... "
(1 Corinthians 9:19-22 MSG)


- Posted using BlogPress

Comments