Anthropogenic Global Warming?

Global Warming: Did we cause it? Can we turn it around?
Who's going to profit from all the money changing hands?

I recycle. I compost. I hate the idea of a toxic plastic soup in the middle of the sea. I use buses when possible & convenient. I love the great outdoors and the beauty on display. I've snorkeled on reefs and marveled at blue ice. I've fished, explored, kayaked, canoed, camped and hiked in national parks and world heritage sights on several continents. As a citizen of this world and as a follow of He who Created it, I have a responsibility to steward, shepherd, care for the matter on which I stand.

But, I can't get my head around the verbage we're being fed about global warming and how carbon credits are going to benefit anyone except those selling them. Where'd they get 'em anyway?

Time Magazine: 'The IPCC has seen its reputation for impartiality and accuracy take serious hits...springing more leaks than, well, a melting glacier'


Financial Times calls for independent audit of the 'seriously shamed' UN climate panel

A Himalayan gaffe Published: February 1 2010 20:09

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change depends for its influence upon the confidence of the public. It can only assist policymakers if its work is seen to be based upon rigorous inquiry.

Recent events have shown the IPCC falling short of this ideal. It has been seriously shamed by the revelation that it included an unsubstantiated claim about the future disappearance of the Himalayan glaciers in its 2007 report. The claim came from a paper produced by a lobby group, which was itself repeating a quote once given to some journalists. This is the scientific equivalent of dodgy dossier land. To compound the error, the IPCC’s head, Rajendra Pachauri, then obfuscated when challenged.


Kansas City Star: 'The global warming movement is dead...The unraveling is well underway'


Canada's National Post:
'I can't recall the wheels coming off the bus of any expert-driven hysteria as fast or as completely as they are now coming off the global-warming scare'

". . . climate science or environmental activism -- using misleading figures to
whip up alarm and bring about political action."

Comments