Think it'll snow?

Indianapolis Colts’ Justin Snow stands among the snowflakes during the first half of his team’s NFL game against the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.
Photo by dean duprey / Associated Press.

I listened on the radio from Auckland as the Buffalo Bills got a 30-7 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in an otherwise meaningless regular-season finale for both teams Sunday.

Indy's Dwight Clark became the NFL's second tight end to have a 100-catch season, joining Tony Gonzalez. Reggie Wayne had five catches to reach 100 for the second time in his career. Other records were set or snapped, but the Super Bowl looms.

I've already got a plan for where to watch it live on a Monday afternoon in February in the South Pacific. Last time Colts won it, I was cheering in a pub in Takapuna all by myself as everyone else was at work or uninterested in what they call gridiron. I live in a land of rugby though, in fact, most people's summertime focus is on the cricket right now.

Just another reason to be thankful for and living in a big city.

Comments

Woven and Spun said…
Ya know, I've looked at that picture three times before I read the name on the jersey! Cute.