Laugh Language

Ever have a craving? Feel a gap in your life? Just want a laugh?

When I was first living in rural Africa, highlights came in the simple things. A cold Coke. The sound of drums on the hills. A letter from a friend far away.

One thing my mom did was to cut out Calvin & Hobbes comics from the newspaper and send them over. It was a funny contrast to the rest of my day.

If I had shared most of those comics with my African friends, they would have struggled to cross the cultural divide to see the humour. And that's ok. Humour is a funny thing.

Anyway, I still like Calvin & Hobbes . . . not all the bumper stickers I've seen on the back of Ford or Chevy trucks, but the cleverness that Bill Watterson wove in to his drawings and words. Enlightening. Poignant. Clever. Laughter is a wonderful thing to give someone.

Go Comics will give you a comic for the day and you can click through the archives to see more.
Other Calvin & Hobbes links.

Comments

jaybhorn said…
Calvin & Hobbes rocks!!