Damoh: Rhymes with "ya know"

I am write to you from a small town two and a half hours from Jabalpur, which has the nearest airport. I am at an oasis in the midst of masses of people who are trying to survive a harsh environment and a harsh social structure.

The friends I have come here to see are Ajai & Indu Lall. 25 years ago they began working to making life easier and better and safer for the people of Central India. They started here in the nearby areas but the influence and benefit has spread as far as Nepal, Bhutan & Bangladesh. I toured the hospital today where a new surgical theatre has been opened. They have more up-to-date equipment than anywhere else in India. Government VIP's come here for treatment, even those who are against Christians. Nurses are trained here and sent out to hospitals throughout the country. Children are rescued from slavery, from being dumped at train stations, from impoverished young girls who can barely care for themselves.
I am amazed at the prayer, the hard work, the vision & the courage that has gone in to what I see today. And I'm only seeing buildings and some of the staff. I am not seeing the real benefit to the real people who come and go from this place.

This weekend I will be at a conference with 2500 young Indian Christians, many of whom know 1st hand persecution because of their faith. I think I will be in tears many times as I hear their stories, see their courage and catch something of the beat of their hearts. I am humbled.

Comments

Woven and Spun said…
Wow. I wish I could drop in to the conference . . . I'm sure it will be a soul-stirring experience.
You're in my prayers,
Love ya,
Tiff x